In order to tackle the huge problem of youth employment head-on, a non-profit group called Circle Training created a campaign on Twitter for 'The Jobless Generation.'
The youth of Generation Y are often called entitled, lazy and narcissistic, but with over a million unemployed young people in the UK alone, not all of the blame can be placed on these individuals purely for being born into a specific generation. The campaign stars six bright individuals looking to find their dream jobs in fields like finance, retail and decorating. As a social media user, you can donate a tweet in support of each candidate, or as an employer, donate an opportunity so that more Millennials in need of employment can recognize available jobs.
By telling the stories of each candidate, the Jobless Generation campaign helps to dispel some of the myths that surround Millennial employees.
The Jobless Generation Uses Twitter to Boost Youth Employment
1. Youth Employment - Opportunities for innovative solutions to address the problem of youth unemployment and match young job seekers with available positions.
2. Social Media Campaigns - Utilizing social media platforms like Twitter to engage users and drive support for social causes or initiatives.
3. Dispelling Myths - Creating campaigns that challenge stereotypes and misconceptions about specific generations or demographics.
1. Non-profit - Non-profit organizations can implement social employment campaigns to address youth unemployment and increase job opportunities for the younger generation.
2. Human Resources - HR professionals and recruiters can utilize social media campaigns to connect with potential candidates and create more efficient hiring processes.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing agencies can help design and execute social media campaigns that generate awareness, engagement, and support for social causes like youth employment.