Montreal-based denim brand Yoga Jeans is best known for pieces that fuse effortlessly cool designs with sustainable manufacturing practices.
The brand’s SS22 collection is a tribute to the 90s and highlights light washes, relaxed silhouettes and high-waisted cuts. Some standout pieces include its Malia Relaxed Jeans with a retro blue wash. A fresh take on acid wash, the tone is achieved using laser technology, a sustainable alternative that "helps reduce the number of chemicals, natural resources, and energy used in the brand's washing processes."
Other standouts include the Lily Wide Leg Pant, made with "BCI Cotton and produced in an ISO 14001, Oeko-Tex, and ZDHC certified mill," along with the Oversized Overshirt in classic off-white, crafted from 100% Cotton denim that is soft to the touch while featuring minimal stretching. The top is also available in an acid wash-inspired denim, made with the brand's signature laser technology.
The Yoga Jeans SS22 collection is now available on the brand's website.
The Yoga Jeans SS22 Collection is an Ode to the 90s
1. Sustainable Denim Manufacturing - Incorporating innovative technologies such as laser technology in denim manufacturing is a disruptive opportunity that can help reduce the number of chemicals and natural resources used in the process.
2. 90s Fashion Revival - The 90s fashion style is making a comeback in the denim market, and brands can seize this opportunity to create innovative designs that fuse vintage style with modern sustainability practices.
3. Sustainable Cotton Sourcing - Utilizing sustainable cotton practices such as BCI certification and ISO 14001 certification can help brands reduce their environmental impact and meet the growing demand for sustainable fashion among consumers.
1. Fashion - Innovative fashion brands can offer sustainable denim collections that meet the growing demand for eco-friendly apparel and set new standards in the market.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Incorporating sustainable manufacturing practices in textile production, such as ISO 14001 and Oeko-Tex certification, can enhance the environmental performance of the industry.
3. Retail - Retailers can offer eco-friendly and trendy denim collections to respond to consumer demand for sustainable fashion and promote sustainable consumption behaviors.