Kia wants their Soul to be sold to younger men. The plan is to offer a sweepstakes tying up the Kia Soul and Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Live.
Gamers enter via Xbox.com/kia or at the Xbox Live Marketplace or texting to Gamertag, with a chance to win a trip to LA to see the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3).
Implications - When a company is trying to appeal to a younger demographic, it never hurts to tie a product in with something that represents that target market. This particular partnership is a great example of how businesses can team up with unrelated products in order to tap into an unexplored market of potential consumers.
Xbox Live Looking for Gamers With (Kia) Soul
1. Gaming Sweepstakes - The trend of partnering with gaming companies for sweepstakes as a means of expanding brand reach.
2. Cross-marketing - The trend of cross-marketing between unrelated products to reach a new demographic.
3. Targeted Marketing - The trend of utilizing specific marketing strategies to target a particular demographic, such as the gaming community.
1. Automotive - Opportunity to partner with gaming companies to reach a younger demographic and expand brand reach.
2. Gaming - Opportunity to partner with companies in other industries to offer innovative and exciting promotions for consumers.
3. Technology - Opportunity to collaborate with companies in unrelated industries to reach new target markets and increase brand awareness.