The Middlesex University's Graduation Collections were unveiled during Graduate Fashion Week and featured wool runway staples that pushed creative boundaries. Boasting a variety of conceptual looks, this presentation opened with a textured knitwear range that was both sculptural and vibrantly hued.
This Fall/Winter 2015/2016 presentation paired oversized sweaters with hanging hats and earmuff accessories and also layered boxy shrugs atop tunics that featured a crocheted construction technique.
This imaginative menswear presentation challenged tradition and opened an audience's minds to a new world of styles that were both outlandish and surprisingly functional. In addition to its unique texture explorations, this knitwear range also featured a candy colored palette that consisted of pale pink, turquoise and violet tones.
The Middlesex University Graduation Show Boasts Conceptual Knitwear
1. Conceptual Knitwear - Opportunities for designers to experiment with new textures and colors in their knitwear collections.
2. Menswear Redefined - Disruptive innovation opportunities for menswear designers to challenge traditional styles and create outlandish yet functional pieces.
3. Sculptural Fashion - The rise of sculptural knitwear presents opportunities for high fashion designers to create unique, avant-garde pieces.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on creating knitwear that pushes the creative boundaries while being functional.
2. Textile - The textile industry can explore new yarns and techniques to create unique and unconventional knitwear textures that will appeal to avant-garde designers.
3. Retail - Retailers can showcase avant-garde knitwear emphasizing vibrant colors and conceptual designs that will appeal to consumers looking for revolutionary styles.