Woodiees is a brand of men's underwear made entirely from farmed wood, a brilliant way of expanding eco-friendly couture into the manufacturing of undergarments.
Throughout the world cotton is sprayed with roughly 2 billion dollars of chemicals, a large amount of which is classified as being hazardous. On top of the environmental impact caused from the chemicals, roughly 400 gallons of water are required to create a single cotton undershirt.
Woodiees are made out of eucalyptus fiber from a fabric called Tencel. Tencel is free of any chemical sprays such as pesticides or insecticides and provides extreme comfort while being incredibly durable. Woodiees come in three styles -- boxer, boxer briefs and briefs.
Woodiees on Twitter
Woodiees on YouTube
Woodiees on LinkedIn
Woodiees are a Line of Men's Underwear Made from Eucalyptus Fibre
1. Eco-friendly Couture - The trend of using sustainable materials in fashion extends to undergarments, providing a disruptive opportunity in the eco-friendly clothing industry.
2. Chemical-free Fabrics - The use of fabrics like Tencel, which are free of chemical sprays, opens up opportunities for creating comfortable and durable clothing items with minimal environmental impact.
3. Alternative Fiber Sourcing - Exploring new sources of fibers, like eucalyptus, for fabric production presents innovative possibilities in the textile industry.
1. Sustainable Fashion - The eco-friendly aspect of wood-based undergarments aligns with the growing demand for sustainable fashion, offering disruptive innovations in the clothing industry.
2. Chemical-free Textiles - Industries focused on manufacturing textiles without the use of harmful chemicals can capitalize on the trend of chemical-free fabrics.
3. Natural Fiber Suppliers - Suppliers specializing in alternative natural fibers, such as eucalyptus, can tap into the market for eco-friendly materials and contribute to the transformation of the textile industry.