This campaign from online bulk shopping brand Boxed is fighting for price equality when it comes to women's products. The #RethinkPink movement from Boxed fights against the so-called Pink Tax: when products marketed to women cost more than their male equivalents. This upcharge can often be seen on women's products including body wash, deodorant, razors and shaving gel. Feminine hygiene products (pads and tampons) are also affected, as they are charged a luxury tax.
Boxed is taking a stand by lowering the price of their wholesale feminine products so they are at an equal cost to the same men's products. Boxed is also absorbing the tax on menstruation items.
Many female consumers also opt to simply purchase the men's versions.
Boxed's #RethinkPink Fights For Price Equality for Women's Products
1. Gender Price Disparities - Businesses can innovate by conducting a comprehensive audit of gender-based pricing and converting practices.
2. Gender-conscious Marketing - Businesses can explore innovative gender-conscious marketing strategies to sideline sexist pricing and conversion tactics.
3. Social Media Activism - Businesses can utilize and leverage social media to stand up against Pink Tax by launching campaigns and awareness drives.
1. Retail Industry - The retail industry has an opportunity to increase its sales and customer loyalty by creating gender-neutral pricing and conversion policies.
2. Cosmetics Industry - The cosmetics industry can tap into customer demand for gender-neutral pricing and conversion policies to launch products with inclusive marketing campaigns.
3. FMCG Industry - The FMCG industry can distinguish itself as a progressive and forward-thinking sector by adopting gender-neutral pricing and conversion policies and launching to market gender-conscious products.