Recently announced at CES 2016, the Whirlpool Smart Kitchen Suite is an innovative new system that features a dedicated Whirlpool app that connects to Amazon's Dash Replenishment System. The Smart Kitchen Suite includes a set of appliances to be released in 2016 including the Smart Front Control Range, the Smart Dishwasher and the Smart French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator. For users of the new system, there will never again be a concern about running out to buy detergent last minute.
The control system for the Whirlpool Smart Kitchen Suite is entirely integrated into the complementary app, which lets users set notifications for meal prep, access a database of recipes with recommendations and mobile alerts for things such as pre-heat and cook times. The Whirlpool Smart Kitchen Suite also features Nest integration, which was added as a feature in 2015.
The Whirlpool Smart Kitchen Suite Will Debut at CES 2016
1. Instant Replenishment - The ability to instantly replenish supplies through connected appliances could disrupt traditional retail and delivery services.
2. Integrated Control Systems - Fully integrating control systems into related apps could signal future innovation opportunities for smart appliances and other Internet of Things products.
3. Predictive Maintenance - Connected appliances that can predict when they will need maintenance and order parts or schedule repairs could create a new service industry and change the way consumers interact with appliance retailers.
1. Appliances - Smart appliances with instant replenishment and integrated control systems could impact not only the appliance industry but also the larger home goods market.
2. Retail - The Whirlpool Smart Kitchen Suite poses a potential threat to traditional retailers as consumers can bypass physical stores and directly order supplies through the connected appliances.
3. Services - The predictive maintenance capabilities of connected appliances could create opportunities for new service providers in the appliance and repair industries.