Continuing on the wearable art trend - and inspired by the floods in New Orleans, Yael Mer designed a skirt that inflates and turns into a canoe in case of flood. Emergency and beauty can meet each it other it seems....
Implications - When the weather decides to take a turn for the worse, you'll be ready to ride out the storm in this skirt. If you ever find yourself traveling through a place that's known to flood, you might want put this skirt on just to be safe. Someone has to start brainstorming a guy version so that the male population can also stay safe when waters spill onto the streets.
1. Wearable Art - Opportunity to explore innovative designs that combine fashion with functionality.
2. Emergency Fashion - Potential for creating clothing and accessories that can transform into useful tools during emergencies.
3. Weather Resilience - Growing market for products that can withstand extreme weather conditions and provide safety.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore new concepts to integrate practicality and style in their creations.
2. Outdoor Gear - Manufacturers of outdoor equipment can develop innovative products that serve multiple purposes for emergency situations.
3. Smart Textiles - Companies specializing in smart fabrics and materials can collaborate with fashion designers to create functional wearable technology for emergencies.