The Wartsila 31 is one of the Finnish engineering manufacturer's most stunning creations yet, which is saying something given the mind-bogglingly huge marine diesel engines the company is famed for coming up with.
This particular engine is designed for medium-sized ferries and cruise ships as well as small to medium tankers and container ships. It is 4.7 meters tall in its highest configuration, and 8.7 meters long in its longest configuration. In a V16 format, this engine pumps out a ridiculous 13,142 horsepower.
Given the size and scope of the Wartsila 31, it truly does stand out as an engineering creation of some stature, and one of Wartsila's most impressive as well as important creations yet.
The Wartsila 31 is the Most Efficient 4-Stroke Diesel Engine
1. Ultra-efficient Diesel Engines for Marine Industry - Opportunity for marine industry to utilize the Wartsila 31 for increased fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
2. Medium-sized Ferries and Cruise Ships - Potential for engine manufacturers to develop specialized diesel engines for the growing medium-sized ferry and cruise ship industry.
3. Container Ship Efficiency - Opportunity for cost savings in the container ship industry through the use of more efficient diesel engines like the Wartsila 31.
1. Marine Industry - The Wartsila 31 presents an opportunity for the marine industry to increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
2. Engine Manufacturing Industry - The development of specialized diesel engines for the growing medium-sized ferry and cruise ship industry presents an opportunity for engine manufacturers.
3. Shipping and Logistics Industry - The container ship industry has an opportunity for cost savings through the use of more efficient diesel engines like the Wartsila 31.