Spain's architectural marvel, the 'Wanda Metropolitano' is nearing its end stages of completion, just in time for the beginning of soccer season. The new stadium will be home to Atlético Madrid -- a Spanish team that played its first three fixtures on away pitches while anticipating the stadium's completion.
Expected to be ready to host Málaga in less than a month, this Cruz Y Oritz project will be able to accommodate over 67,000 spectators. The stadium features a protective roof and canopy, as well as a 360-degree LED surface that circles the pitch. The seating arrangement offers an increased distance between chairs than most venues, offering guests optimal comfort when viewing a game. In addition to its interior, the Wanda Metropolitano, provides 4,000 parking spaces, as well as a VIP suite that can accommodate 80 people.
Photo Credits: designboom, cruzyortiz
The 'Wanda Metropolitano' is Spain's Newest Soccer Stadium
1. Enhanced Stadium Comfort - The Wanda Metropolitano's increased distance between chairs offers an opportunity for stadium designers to focus on optimizing comfort for spectators.
2. 360-degree LED Surfaces - The Wanda Metropolitano's LED surface presents a chance for innovative advertisers to create immersive and interactive fan experiences through dynamic digital displays.
3. Multi-purpose Stadiums - The Wanda Metropolitano's adaptable design showcases the potential for stadiums to serve as venues for various events beyond sports, such as concerts and conventions.
1. Stadium Design - The innovative features of the Wanda Metropolitano inspire opportunities for architects, engineers, and designers to rethink stadium layouts and amenities.
2. Advertising and Marketing - The 360-degree LED surfaces in the Wanda Metropolitano open up possibilities for advertising and marketing professionals to create compelling campaigns tailored to the unique stadium environment.
3. Event Management - The multi-purpose design of the Wanda Metropolitano sparks growth opportunities for event management companies, as stadiums can be leveraged for a variety of events and purposes.