Since aquariums are boring, you need be a little more innovative if you want your scaly friends to have a funky home. That's where a Wall Mounted Aquarium comes into play. There are a number of different wall mounted aquariums on the market, but my favourite is the aquarium available at Hammacher Schlemmer for $299.
Wall Mounted Aquarium:
This space-saving 6 1/2-gallon aquarium hangs on your wall like a painting, freeing up valuable floor or shelf space while providing 400" sq. of viewing area and room for up to 12 tropical freshwater fish (not included). The unit is a mere 4 1/2" deep, so it will not protrude into your living area. The aquarium features advanced filtration, lighting, air pump and heating systems, all encased within a clear shatterproof PCB composite that provides a distortion-free view. A built-in side-mounted LCD monitors filtration, oxygen levels, and temperature for precise environment control. For safe wall hanging, a steel mounting bracket is included. (Due to the aquarium's weight, this bracket must be fixed to inner-wall studs.) Frame: 26" H x 26" L. (80 lbs. when filled with water)
1. Wall-mounted Aquariums - Wall mounted aquariums are a new trend that is disrupting the traditional aquarium industry, providing space-saving solutions for aquarists.
2. Aquarium Tech - Advanced filtration, heating, and lighting systems are a trend in the aquarium industry, offering opportunities for innovation and product development.
3. Smart Aquarium Controllers - The use of smart controllers with LCD monitors for filtration, temperature control, and oxygen levels are a disruptive trend in the aquarium industry, providing precision environment control for aquarists.
1. Pet Industry - Wall mounted aquariums provide new and innovative solutions for pet owners to create a unique home for their pets while saving space, promoting growth in the pet industry.
2. Home Decor - Wall-mounted aquariums are a new fad in home decor, offering visually stunning pieces that can fit into any design aesthetic, creating opportunities for product development.
3. Smart Home Automation - The use of smart controllers with inbuilt LCD monitors for fish tanks provides a new opportunity for home automation companies to extend their product offering for pet enthusiasts.