The Wacom VR Pen was developed to support "the next creative future" and it's a device that can be used to draw in virtual reality, as well as traditional 2D drawing tablets. The pressure sensitive stylus controller was specifically made for creators who want to tap into the creative potential of virtual reality.
With this device, one of the main challenges that Wacom encountered was with force feedback, since drawing in open spaces provides more flexibility at the cost of precision. Because the pen has a pressure sensitive button near the tip, it's easy to make adjustments to the thickness of a stroke, so much so that Wacom likens the experience to drawing with pen on paper.
Image Credit: Wacom
The Wacom VR Pen Lets Users Draw in Virtual Reality and 2D
1. Professional VR Pens - VR pens that allow for virtual reality drawing experiences.
2. Multi-functional Drawing Devices - Drawing tablets that can also be used for virtual reality drawing experiences.
3. Improved Precision in VR Drawing - Development of VR pens that allow for easier and more precise virtual reality drawing experiences.
1. Art and Design - Opportunities for artists and designers to explore new mediums and use virtual reality technology to create works of art.
2. Gaming and Entertainment - Incorporating VR drawing experiences into gaming and virtual realities.
3. Education and Training - Using VR drawing technology in classrooms and other environments to learn and train in creative fields.