Famed celebrity photographer Ellen Von Unwerth photographed Chinese actress Fan Bingbing for W Magazine December 2013. Bingbing is starting to make a name for herself in North America, having recently attended the Cannes Film Festival and several Fashion Weeks; she also serves as the face of L’Oreal Cosmetics.
This is one of several magazine editorials Bingbing has starred in, and she’s looking especially gorgeous as she channels an old-school film starlet. Patrick Mackie styled Bingbing in couture pieces by Emilio Pucci and Balmain, from a drapey, monochromatic two-piece, to a glamorous studded mini dress and leather trench coat. Beauty-wise, Bingbing sports a sleek ponytail, dramatic lashes and an assortment of vibrant lip stains as she flashes the camera a range of aloof, coy and come-hither expressions.
I look forward to seeing more of the fashion-forward actress in the future.
W Magazine Decemeber 2013 Will Make You a Fan
1. Asian Actresses - There is an opportunity to feature more Asian actresses in fashion editorials and campaigns, as they continue to gain popularity outside of Asia.
2. Old-hollywood Glamour - The trend of channeling old-school Hollywood glamour in fashion editorials can be leveraged to create new and innovative looks.
3. Vibrant Lip Stains - There is an opportunity for cosmetic companies to create more vibrant and long-lasting lip stains to meet the growing demand for bold lip colors.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands and magazines can leverage the rising popularity of Asian actresses to reach new markets and demographics.
2. Cosmetics - Cosmetic brands can capitalize on the trend of vibrant lip stains by creating new and innovative lip products for consumers to experiment with.
3. Photography - Photographers can channel the old-school Hollywood glamour trend in their work and bring a nostalgic feel to modern fashion editorials.