Famed photographer Annie Leibovitz created this gorgeous spread for Vogue US called 'Love of a Lifetime.'
The theme of the spread is Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare’s famous tragedy about two young lovers whose deaths unite their feuding families.
In spite of being dark and tragic, Love of a Lifetime is a beautiful collection of images whose ultimate message glamorizes and beautifies Shakespeare’s tragic story.
I have to ask though, is Romeo naked from the waist down on the last image, or is he just wearing really, really snug ballet tights?
'Love of a Lifetime' in Vogue
1. Fashion Photography Editorials - Opportunity to explore creative storytelling through visually stunning fashion spreads.
2. Literary-inspired Fashion - Opportunity to merge classic literature with contemporary fashion for unique and captivating editorials.
3. Glamorization of Tragic Stories - Opportunity to create visually striking narratives that romanticize tragic tales like Romeo and Juliet.
1. Fashion Photography - Opportunity for photographers and stylists to collaborate and showcase their creativity through innovative editorial concepts.
2. Fashion Design - Opportunity to create collections inspired by classic literature, blending historical elegance with modern aesthetics.
3. Publishing and Media - Opportunity for magazines and media outlets to captivate audiences with visually stunning and emotionally impactful editorial content.