The Vogue Latin America June 2013 editorial shakes up the retro influence of the Swinging Sixties by adding an animalistic fierceness to the mix. This fierce element not only comes in the form of bizarrely died hair and exotic fashion, but also with the inclusion of a wild cat co-star. Model Mirte Maas is accompanied by a leopard on the studio set.
Shot by Japanese photographer Nagi Sakai, the Vogue Latin America June 2013 editorial may focus on vintage-inspired looks, but they have been modernized in eccentric ways, whether through fit, cut or embellishments. The Dutch beauty was outfitted by renowned stylist Sarah Gore Reeves in pieces from such fashion houses as Gucci, Jean Paul Gaultier and Roberto Cavalli.
The Vogue Latin America June 2013 Photoshoot Stars Mirte Maas
1. Retro-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for innovative designers to modernize vintage looks through unique fit, cut, and embellishments.
2. Exotic Fashion - Potential for brands to incorporate animalistic elements into designs for a fierce and captivating aesthetic.
3. Fashion Photoshoots with Animal Co-stars - Possibility for fashion editorials to feature live animals alongside models for a bold and unexpected visual impact.
1. Fashion Design - Designers can explore new ways to modernize retro fashion and incorporate animalistic elements.
2. Fashion Styling - Stylists can experiment with unique fit, cut, and embellishment techniques to update vintage-inspired looks.
3. Fashion Photography - Photographers can collaborate with live animals to create striking and memorable fashion editorials.