Vivienne Westwood's Spring/Summer 2013 collection showcased a set of high end bonnets. The cranium-centric production was delivered to the masses at the 2012 Paris Fashion Week. Westwood's penchant for avant-garde feminine apparel was yet again apparent in the show.
Baskets full of fruit rested steadily on the heads of the models as they strutted down the catwalk. Many sported glittering headpieces, complete with pearls and cuts of lace.
Face paint is also paramount to Westwood's Spring/Summer 2013 vision. Green, red and blue hues were plastered on the faces of the women who somehow managed to take on the persona's of couture Oompah loompahs. Magic and mystery were certainly at play on the runway, interesting choices given the conservative 50s-inspired dresses and pant suits.
Vivienne Westwood's Spring Summer 2013 Line Features Headgear
1. High-end Bonnet Collections - The trend of high-end bonnet collections showcases the potential for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry, offering unique and avant-garde headwear options for fashion-forward consumers.
2. Avant-garde Feminine Apparel - The trend of avant-garde feminine apparel provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry, pushing boundaries and offering bold, unconventional clothing options for women.
3. Face Paint in Fashion - The trend of incorporating face paint in fashion presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the beauty industry, allowing for creative and artistic expression through makeup and unconventional beauty looks.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has the potential to embrace innovative designs and materials in high-end bonnet collections, avant-garde feminine apparel, and creative use of face paint.
2. Beauty Industry - The beauty industry can explore new trends in face paint and unconventional beauty looks, offering innovative products and services that cater to individuals seeking unique and artistic makeup options.
3. Creative Arts Industry - The creative arts industry can find inspiration in the avant-garde fashion and headwear showcased in high-end bonnet collections, creating collaborations and artistry that blur the lines between fashion and art.