Virgin Galactic recently indicated that it entered into an agreement with NASA to take private citizens to the International Space Station. The deal dictates that Virgin Galactic will have to find prospects as well as organize and schedule transportation to the International Space Station. The company has a number of former NASA employees, which will help the organization develop training programs for private citizens to be prepared for the journey. Virgin already has a list of potential prospects who have previously indicated interest.
After Virgin Galactic creates a plan, “NASA will conduct an assessment of the feasibility of Virgin Galactic’s plan to develop a new private orbital astronaut readiness program to enable private astronaut missions to the International Space Station,” according to NASA.
Image Credit: NASA
Virgin Galactic Will Bring Private Citizens to the ISS with NASA Approval
1. Private Space Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new training programs and services for private citizens to prepare them for space travel.
2. Partnerships with Government Agencies - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with government agencies like NASA to explore new opportunities in the space tourism industry.
3. Space Tourism Industry Growth - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in the development of technology, infrastructure, and services to support the growing demand for private space travel.
1. Space Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer unique and personalized space travel experiences for private individuals.
2. Aerospace - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced spacecraft and transportation systems for private space missions.
3. Hospitality and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: create space-themed accommodations and entertainment experiences for space tourists.