As a means to tribute to the Rio 2016 games, 'Patta' and 'Diadora' collaborated for a collection of vintage sportswear that draws from the 1980s.
In order to get the sneakers, tracksuits, t-shirts, duffel bags and more, the brands reminisced on the styles created by Patta and Diadora for the Seoul Olympics in 1988 -- which is where the collection name 'From Seoul to Rio' comes from. The vintage sportswear boasts a relatively uniform colorway throughout, with most of the clothing covered in gray, rose, plum and blue patterns.
The 'I.C. 4000' sneaker stays true to much of its original design, however the brands have chosen to update the upper construction of the shoes by using "premium nubuck and nylon mesh" which contrasts against a white midsole. In addition, the lining of the shoes marks the record-setting time of "Diadora-sponsored athlete Ben Johnson."
'Patta' and 'Diadora' Created a Celebratory Line of Clothing
1. Vintage Sportswear - Opportunity for brands to tap into nostalgia by creating collections inspired by iconic past eras.
2. Collaborative Collections - Potential for brands to collaborate and combine their expertise to create unique and limited-edition pieces.
3. Athletics Fashion - Growing demand for fashionable sportswear that blends functionality and style.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Brands can leverage the trend to create new lines of vintage-inspired sportswear.
2. Footwear - Opportunity to innovate by combining retro designs with modern materials and technologies.
3. Athletic Equipment - Potential for brands to create limited-edition sports gear inspired by past Olympic games.