Montreal-based photographer Simon Duhamel captured the images of twenty-three graduates of the 2009 Kaaz Academy Class in a series of portraits showcasing hair styling from the Kaaz hair salon and Placed 1st in the New Talent category of the PDN Pix Digital Imaging Contest.
Old school photos were used to inspire the final look of retro-hairstyles and vintage school pictures. Shooting against a blue background, and applying nearly 50 hours of photo touch-up produced colorized images that mimic aged photographic prints: It is stunning collection of retro-modern portraits.
Photographer and Retoucher: Simon Duhamel
Award-Winning Kaaz Class Photos by Simon Duhamel
1. Retro Hair Styling - Opportunity for hair salons to offer vintage-inspired hairstyles and services.
2. Colorized Vintage Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity for photographers to bring new life to old photos with colorization techniques.
3. Retro-modern Portraits - Chance for photographers to create unique, retro-modern portrait collections that blend old and new aesthetics.
1. Hair Salons - Vintage hair styling can be a unique selling point for hair salons looking to attract nostalgic customers.
2. Photography Services - Photographers can enhance their services by offering colorization techniques for vintage photos.
3. Creative Portraiture - The trend of retro-modern portraits opens up new business opportunities for photographers specializing in unique, artistic portraits.