Belgian dating site Vindeenlief knows how to create commercials with a sexist twist. Their newest ad (now banned from Belgian television) presents girls in candy dispensers and boys that are willing to pay.
The commercial begins with an innocent Belgian boy roaming through the streets and visiting friends. He soon finds out that all his friends have attractive girlfriends who seem to have pretty low standards. Driven by his curiosity, he soon comes to the Femme-O-Matic dispenser that automatically spits out women packaged nicely in plastic containers for under twenty Euros. Unfortunately, his woman does not appear to be as attractive as the rest, but at least he now has a girlfriend. While some may say this commercial is 100 percent kosher, others are bound to take offense to the ads' slightly derogatory content.
Belgian Dating Site Vindeenlief Has Fun With the Femme-O-Matic Dispenser
1. Gender Stereotyping Advertisements - Opportunity to create more inclusive advertisements to cater to all audiences and avoid alienation.
2. Controversial Advertising Strategies - Opportunity to promote your brand outside the box while being true to its values and avoiding negative publicity.
3. Ethical Standards in Advertising - Opportunity to use your company's reputation to prioritize diversity, inclusion, and social responsibility.
1. Marketing and Advertising Industry - Opportunity to innovate the industry by promoting and adopting ethical standards and identifying powerful and inclusive advertising strategies.
2. E-commerce Industry - Opportunity to establish a deeper brand connection with online shoppers by prioritizing fairness, responsibility, and transparency in advertising and sales strategies.
3. Dating Industry - Opportunity to disrupt traditional gender roles in ads and marketing tactics, promote individuality, and create a more emotionally intelligent customer experience.