Giorgio Armani unveiled their new Victoria Beckham ad for Emporio Armani women's underwear for Autumn/Winter 2009/10, and it was major!
Victoria Beckham herself unveiled the 20-foot tall image on May 6th on the main floor of Macy's Herald Square.
Shot by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, the image shows Beckham with a sexy high ponytail and her trademark rocking body.
Implications - Despite the use of social media and web advertising, billboards remain common as a marketing strategy. The outdoors have always been the perfect place to place ads when people are out of their homes. Outdoor advertising remains effective when technology isn't involved due to its larger-than life nature. It's viewed by thousands of passersby and it's less annoying than commercials or pop-up ads on the web.
Victoria Beckham Unveils Emporio Armani F/W 09-10
1. Outdoor Advertising - Outdoor advertising remains effective due to its larger-than-life nature.
2. Celebrity Endorsements - Celebrity endorsements in advertising have the potential to increase the reach of the product.
3. Body Positivity Movement - The use of real and diverse body types in advertisements can tap into the growing body positivity movement.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can use billboards and outdoor advertising to showcase their latest collections.
2. Beauty - The beauty industry can utilize celebrity endorsements to increase the reach of their products.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can incorporate the body positivity movement into their campaigns and increase diversity in advertisements.