Vespa is developing two versions of a hybrid scooter based on the Vespa LX 50 and the Piaggio X8 125 engine (125cc gas and 2500W electric). The new engine provides 25% more power. (Read at Gizmodo or an Italian site translated by Google)
Implications - With the price of gas at an all-time high, hybrid vehicles have become even more important. People are placing a strong emphasis on being environmentally conscious and that has especially become important when it comes to transportation. While automobiles that are 100% electric aren't widely available just yet, the automotive industry should consider creating vehicles that help conserve gas. That way the companies can remain eco-friendly and help consumers conserve gas without paying too much to fill up.
1. Hybrid Scooters - The development of hybrid scooters presents an opportunity for electric and gasoline-powered vehicles to coexist and could inspire manufacturers to produce more eco-friendly modes of transportation.
2. Eco-friendly Transportation - The demand for eco-friendly transportation options is increasing, and creating vehicles that help conserve gas could appeal to consumers and keep automotive companies environmentally conscious.
3. Convenience and Efficiency - Hybrid scooters combine the convenience of gasoline power with the efficiency of electric power, presenting an opportunity for manufacturers to create products that cater to both needs.
1. Automotive - Automotive manufacturers could create hybrid vehicles that cater to consumers' needs for both convenience and efficiency, and keep up with the increasing demand for eco-friendly modes of transportation.
2. Electric - As hybrid scooters combine electric and gasoline power, the development of hybrid vehicles could inspire manufacturers within the electric industry to create alternative modes of transportation that are both eco-friendly and efficient.
3. Green Technology - The creation of hybrid scooters presents an opportunity for the green technology industry to further develop hybrid technology and create more sustainable modes of transportation.