The conceptual 'Cyclops' UV-C sterilization device is a smartphone-powered solution for users looking to keep common items and surfaces free from germs throughout the day without the need for harsh chemical cleaners.
The device maintains an impossibly compact design that is capable of killing 99.9% of germs, viruses and bacteria that could be on surfaces in just 20-seconds flat. The unit works by simply being plugged into the charging port on a smartphone to activate the light therein for chemical-free cleaning.
The conceptual 'Cyclops' UV-C sterilization device is the design work of Kevin Chiam, and is well-suited for use during the ongoing pandemic, while also showing promise for a post-COVID world to continue on hygiene routines for better daily health.
The Conceptual 'Cyclops' UV-C Sterilization Device is Handy
1. Smartphone-powered Sterilization - The utilization of UV-C sterilization devices that can be powered by smartphones opens up new avenues for personal hygiene and cleaning routines.
2. Chemical-free Cleaning - There is an increasing demand for eco-friendly cleaning solutions and the development of chemical-free cleaning devices is a promising area for innovation.
3. Compact Sterilization Devices - Compact and portable sterilization devices, such as the 'Cyclops,' are convenient for those who are constantly on-the-go and interacting with others.
1. Consumer Electronics - There is a growth opportunity for smartphone accessory companies to develop UV-C sterilization devices as a complement to existing products.
2. Personal Hygiene - The trend towards heightened personal hygiene in the wake of the pandemic is driving the demand for new and innovative cleaning solutions.
3. Hospitality - Compact sterilization devices can be useful in the hospitality industry to sanitize high-touch surfaces, such as door handles and elevator buttons, between cleanings.