'Urban & Suburban Meadows' by Catherine Zimmerman is a new book that encourages people to use wildflowers, grasses and minimal maintenance to recreate wild landscapes in city settings.
When successful career photographer Catherine Zimmerman was 50 years old, she found that she could not afford to retire and would probably have to continue to work into her 80s. She embarked upon a second career as an organic horticulturist and landscape designer. It was in the pursuit of this second career that she became enthralled with the meadows that are the basis of her book, 'Urban & Suburban Meadows.'
'Urban & Suburban Meadows' is the Work of a Boomer's Second Career
1. Wild Landscapes in Urban Settings - Opportunity for companies to offer products and services that encourage creating wild landscapes in urban settings.
2. Minimal Maintenance Landscaping - Opportunity for companies to offer low maintenance landscaping solutions for urban environments.
3. Career Pivots in Later Life - Opportunities for companies to offer career guidance, training and resources to help people make successful career pivots later in life.
1. Landscaping - Opportunity for landscaping companies to develop and promote services that enable wild landscapes in urban settings.
2. Urban Planning - Opportunity for urban planning firms to incorporate wild landscapes in their plans as a way to create more green spaces in cities.
3. Education - Opportunity for educational institutions to develop courses and programs that teach people how to create and maintain wild landscapes in urban settings.