Chipotle Mexican Grill launched a new promotion, named ‘Unlock the Guac,’ which was launched in celebration of National Avocado Day that takes place each year on July 31st. As part of Chipotle’s ‘Unlock the Guac’ promotion, mobile users can win free guacamole for a year by guessing passwords in different text messages. The chain will also offer its loyalty program members free guacamole, with the purchase of an entrée on National Avocado Day. Chipotle Mexican Grill currently has 15 million members in its rewards program.
To take part in the promotion users can text 888222 to guess the secret password. Those who guess can win one of six Chipotle Rewards accounts, each account will have 52 guacamole rewards. Six guessing periods will be held, and clues will be released on the brand's social media accounts.
Image Credit: Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle Launched Its 'Unlock the Guac' Guessing Promotion
1. Mobile-based Promotions - Chipotle's 'Unlock the Guac' promotion showcases the potential for using mobile devices to engage customers and offer unique rewards.
2. Loyalty Programs - Chipotle's rewards program boasts 15 million members, indicating a growing trend of companies utilizing loyalty programs to improve customer engagement and retention.
3. Social Media Clue Drops - Chipotle's use of social media to release clues for its 'Unlock the Guac' promotion highlights the potential for social media platforms to drive customer engagement and participation.
1. Qsrs - Quick-serve restaurants like Chipotle can utilize mobile-based promotions like 'Unlock the Guac' to increase customer engagement and drive sales.
2. Mobile Technology - The success of Chipotle's 'Unlock the Guac' promotion demonstrates the potential for companies in various industries to leverage mobile devices and technologies for customer engagement.
3. Retail Technology - Chipotle's use of social media to drop clues for 'Unlock the Guac' indicates a potential for other retail industries to use social media as a means of generating hype and engagement for promotions.