UNISignal is a new design for traffic lights that will better enable the colorblind and visually impaired to distinguish when it is safe to go. The new traffic light is basically the same, but with the addition of shapes to the familiar colors, as seen in the pictures above.
In the U.S., roughly 11 million people suffer from red-green color blindness. UNISignal traffic lights will make safer roads for everyone by making it easier for the colorblind to read the light accurately.
The UNIsignal Incorporates Shapes into Stoplights for Accessibility
1. Accessible Traffic Light Design - Opportunities for innovative traffic light designs that can improve accessibility for colorblind and visually impaired individuals.
2. Inclusive Urban Planning - Potential for integrating accessibility features into wider urban planning and design, improving inclusivity for all.
3. Accessibility in Transportation - Potential for making transportation systems more inclusive and accessible through innovative design solutions.
1. Transportation - Opportunities to develop more accessible transportation systems through innovative design and technology solutions.
2. Urban Planning - Opportunities for urban planners and city officials to create more inclusive and accessible communities through integration of accessibility features.
3. Design - Opportunities for designers to create innovative and accessible solutions for transportation systems and urban infrastructure.