These ultra-vibrant basketball shoes will be available to sneaker enthusiasts on June 5th. The model is named 'Kyrie 7' and the design presents a unique fusion of two Nike athletes—Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.
For the Kyrie 7 silhouette, the brant "utilized standout colorways from each player's signature line and transferred them to the other athlete's current on-court sneaker." In other words, this ultra-vibrant basketball model brings together Kevin Durant's colorway with Kyrie's signature silhouette.
This product will be, without a doubt, in high demand as sneaker and basketball fans alike try to secure a pair. The slick and colorful silhouette will be released at a retail price of $130 USD and fans will have their chance to buy it through Nike SNKRS platform.
Image Credit: Nike
Nike is Bringing Together the Styles of Kevin Durant & Kyrie Irving
1. Athlete-inspired Footwear - Nike's fusion of Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving's colors and designs presents an opportunity for athlete-inspired footwear.
2. Color Fusion - The use of standout colors from separate athlete lines making the language of their design interchangeable offers powerful use of color fusion and differentiation.
3. Experiential Retail - The popularity of this basketball shoe among fans could lead to higher demand for experiential retail activations, as stores struggle to create memorable and unique opportunities for consumers.
1. Athletic Footwear - Nike's release of the Kyrie 7 features a unique design that could potentially disrupt the athletic footwear industry with the use of vibrant colors and cross-silo fusions.
2. Sports Apparel - This product is particularly relevant to the sports apparel industry which is experiencing rising interest around health, into new designs with vibrant colors.
3. Retail - If the popularity persists and sells out, it could disrupt the retail industry where the appetite for exclusive, limited release products like this has never been stronger.