The U-light by Axo Light takes on a simple aesthetic that will remind many people of wire art sculptures. Suspended from the ceiling like some kind of futuristic technology, the light fixtures are made for contemporary homes. Yet what makes the design particularly special is that the simplicity of the aesthetic will allow it to find a home just about anywhere.
Designed by Timo Ripatti, the U-light by Axo Light is made using a metal frame. The glowing LED strip on the bottom, when turned on, looks as though it is floating in mid-air. Although the lights could be seen in upscale residential homes, there is something industrial about the design that makes it great for commercial, retail and institutional use as well. It is available in two different chic finishes.
The U-light by Axo Light Looks Like a Practical Take on Wire Art
1. Sculptural Lighting - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in creating lighting fixtures that combine artistic design with practical functionality.
2. Contemporary Homes - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in developing lighting solutions that complement the modern aesthetic and seamlessly integrate into contemporary home designs.
3. Industrial Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities can be found in designing lighting fixtures that have an industrial aesthetic, making them suitable for commercial, retail, and institutional spaces.
1. Lighting - The lighting industry has potential for disruptive innovation by exploring new materials, designs, and aesthetics to create unique and visually appealing light fixtures.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunities can be found in the home decor industry by developing lighting solutions that perfectly blend artistic design, functionality, and contemporary home styles.
3. Commercial Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the commercial design industry by creating lighting fixtures that merge industrial aesthetics with practical lighting solutions for commercial, retail, and institutional spaces.