It is hard not to think of bondage when browsing through the U+ Magazine 'Dada Experience' online editorial. Of course, that's entirely the point. But aside from a few bits of rope here and there, the sensual undertone is quite subdued. There are no unnecessary flashes of nudity nor any other sex toy props. Instead, the black and white images are as tough as they are sexual.
The U+ Magazine 'Dada Experience' online editorial stars model Maaike Klassen. Shot in studio by photographer Gil Inoue of WM Artist Management with art direction by Audie Umali, the images have a negative, X-ray aesthetic that gives them an extra bit of edge. Clad in monochromatic pieces from the likes of Costume National, Lanvin and Vivenne Westwood, the looks were styled by Beatriz Maues.
The U+ Magazine 'Dada Experience' Photoshoot Stars Maaike Klassen
1. Bondage-inspired Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing sustainable and inclusive clothing lines that incorporate elements of bondage while maintaining a mainstream appeal.
2. Subdued Sensuality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating a new market segment for fashion editorials that portray sensuality in a refined and understated manner, appealing to a wider audience.
3. Negative X-ray Aesthetic - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Applying the negative X-ray aesthetic to other forms of visual media, such as advertising campaigns or product photography, to create a visually compelling and captivating effect.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating avant-garde elements into mainstream fashion, creating unique and edgy designs that cater to a broader consumer base.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring unconventional photographic techniques, like the negative X-ray aesthetic, to push the boundaries of visual storytelling and create captivating imagery.
3. Art Direction - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with photographers and stylists to create visually distinct and boundary-pushing editorials that challenge traditional notions of beauty and fashion.