With Generation Y being more and more interested in non-committal, accessible and economical products and services, George Zimmer's 'Generation Tux' tuxedo rentals is a perfect fit.
While the former CEO of Men's Warehouse is approaching his 70s, he is no novice to modern concepts like delivery apps or rent-a-services. Generation Tux piggybacks off of his Uber-like tailor app called zTailors. Generation Tux allows men to order from a range of 17 suits and tuxedos online, with access to zTailors to make any additional necessary adjustments.
While other online tuxedo rentals exist, Zimmer differentiates Generation Tux from the rest in that it has a larger investment and infrastructure base. With more suits and a fast dry-cleaning turnaround, the site will never be out of a certain style. The website itself also boasts additional benefits, like a build-a-tuxedo online mannequin and a method for brides and grooms to check what stage their trusted groomsmen are at in their ordering process.
George Zimmer Launched 'Generation Tux' to Suit Up Men With Just One Click
1. Non-committal Products and Services - George Zimmer's 'Generation Tux' taps into the trend of Generation Y's interest in non-committal, accessible, and economical products and services.
2. Uber-like Service Apps - George Zimmer's zTailors app and 'Generation Tux' demonstrate the disruptive potential of Uber-like service apps in the formalwear rental industry.
3. Enhanced Online Rental Experience - Generation Tux sets itself apart from other online tuxedo rentals by offering a larger investment and infrastructure base, allowing for a wider selection, faster turnaround, and added benefits for customers.
1. Formalwear Rental Industry - The formalwear rental industry can embrace the disruptive innovation opportunity presented by Generation Tux to cater to the growing demand for non-committal formal attire.
2. Delivery Service Industry - The delivery service industry can explore the potential of tailored delivery apps, like zTailors, to provide customized services for various products and services.
3. Wedding Industry - The wedding industry can leverage Generation Tux's features, such as the online mannequin and groomsmen tracking system, to enhance the tuxedo rental experience for couples and their wedding parties.