In anticipation of his retrospective at New York’s MOMA and just in time for Halloween, Harper’s Bazaar and Tim Burton collaborated for a fashion editorial entitled ‘Tricks and Treats.’ The shoot appears in the October 2009 issue of the magazine. Photographed by Tim Walker and starring models Malgosia Bela, Evelina Mambetova and Sophie Srej, Burton reimagines the Fall 2009 collections in his trademark style. Burton uses black and red fashions from Rodarte, Louis Vuitton, YSL, Alexander McQueen, and those infamous Nina Ricci platforms to set a fantastic and macabre scene.
For the Harper’s editorial Burton’s tricks and treats include models dressed up as some of his most famous characters like Edward Scissorhands and interacting with a giant skeleton. Tim Burton himself appears twice in the editorial, once as a mischievous Santa and again, clad in the shoot's only non-red or black number.
Tim Burton Explores Fall Fashion in Harper's Bazaar
1. Fashion Retrospectives - Opportunity for other fashion designers to collaborate with artists for unique editorial shoots.
2. Designer Reimaginations - Fashion designers can experiment with unconventional themes and styles to create captivating collections.
3. Character-inspired Fashion - Market for fashion influenced by popular fictional characters, offering unique and personalized style choices.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can explore collaborations with artists and filmmakers for innovative campaigns and editorials.
2. Art - Opportunity for artists to merge their creative visions with fashion for visually stunning collaborations.
3. Entertainment - Film and television industry can inspire fashion trends and collaborations through iconic characters and themes.