The updated version of Google's Translate app allows you to translate text in real time using the camera in your smartphone. Available for iOS and Android, the improved mobile application is one travelers must have, especially if languages are not their strong suit.
To use the new Google Translate app, simply bring up your camera and point your phone at the words you don't understand. The translated text or sign will appear on your phone screen. The smartphone app is not only free, it also works without having to be connect to the Internet. So if you don't have access to wifi, it won't be a problem in terms of efficient translation.
Thus far, supported languages include English to Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, German and French.
The Improved Google Translate App Works Instantaneously
1. Real-time Translation Apps - The trend of real-time translation apps is disrupting language barriers and increasing accessibility across global markets.
2. Mobile Language Translation - The trend of mobile language translation is creating new opportunities for app developers to create innovative tools for travelers and businesses alike.
3. Offline Translation Capabilities - The trend of offline translation capabilities is allowing individuals to access translation tools wherever they go, regardless of internet connectivity.
1. Travel - The travel industry can take advantage of real-time translation apps to improve experiences for non-native speakers and increase tourism in foreign countries.
2. Language Learning - The language learning industry can incorporate real-time translation apps into their curriculum to provide students with more practical and immersive language education.
3. Localization and Translation Services - The rise of real-time translation apps presents an opportunity for the localization and translation industry to expand into mobile app development and cross-cultural communication consulting.