Mobility with an Ultra Compact Size
The â€œi-unitâ€ creates a seamless transformation between vehicle and human movement, minimizing occupied space and energy consumption with its lightweight and ultra compact size.
Variable Positioning - The i-unit has a compact size enabling the passenger to move among other people in an upright position in low speed mode, and a low center of gravity that ensures stable handling when the vehicles reclines in high speed mode.
Ease of Operation - Drive Controller - Drive-by-wire technology and intuitive handling enable the passenger to maneuver on-the-spot turns and drive at high speed at will.
IT Controller - A driver support information system uses sound, light and vibration to facilitate interactive communication.
Driver Support System - The driver support system features Intelligent Transport System (ITS) technology, which Toyota hopes to utilize for an accident-free society. The system permits efficient and safe autopilot driving in specially equipped lanes.
â€œMy-unitâ€ - A personalized recognition system can provide information and music, and body color can be customized, according to the individual's preferences and emotions.
Environmentally Friendly Body Materials. The body is built using environmentally friendly plant-based materials such as kenaf.
Toyota has come up with the ultimate toy--a four-wheel personal transportation system that looks like a space-age car. Chief engineer, Yoshiaki Kato, says that it was designed to be an extension of the human body. It is powered by lithium-ion batteries and has an exterior made of biodegradable, plant-based materials.
1. Ultra-compact Personal Transportation - The development of ultra-compact personal transportation systems with biodegradable, plant-based materials offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for sustainable mobility solutions.
2. Intelligent Transport Systems - The adoption of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) technology as a driver-support system holds disruptive innovation opportunities for autonomous and safe driving solutions.
3. Customizable Personal Vehicle Technology - The integration of advanced AI-powered personalized recognition systems offers disruptive innovation opportunities in designing customizable and intuitive personal vehicles.
1. Automotive Manufacturing - The automotive manufacturing industry can explore disruptive opportunities in designing eco-friendly personal transportation systems.
2. Transportation Services - Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) technology opens disruptive innovation opportunities in creating sustainable and autonomous transportation services.
3. Advanced Personal Vehicle Technology - Research and development in advanced AI-powered personalized recognition systems offers disruptive innovation opportunities for designing intuitive, smart and customizable personal vehicles.