'Unagi Travel' is a self-described toy travel agency that allows stuffed animal owners to send their toys sightseeing around the globe. For $60, Unagi will send a stuffed animal on a trip and document its experience with photos, commentary and social media posts.
Unagi Travel's website keeps track of vacationing toys each month, and "new arrivals" like teddy bears in front of the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine in Japan. The shots of the adventurous toys are adorable and sure to grab tons of attention on the Internet.
Since travelling can be expensive and scheduling time for a vacation can sometimes be problematic, this toy travel agency's solution is a great way for people to live vicariously through a familiar object.
The 'Unagi Travel' is a Toy Travel Agency for Stuffed Animals
1. Toy Tourism - The trend of sending stuffed animals on vacation and documenting their experiences is creating opportunities for toy manufacturers to collaborate with travel agencies.
2. Virtual Travel - The rise of virtual travel experiences like sending stuffed animals on trips allows for the creation of innovative virtual reality platforms catered towards children.
3. Nostalgic Marketing - The popularity of stuffed animal vacations provides an opportunity for companies to tap into people's nostalgia by incorporating stuffed animals into marketing campaigns.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The trend of toy tourism presents a disruptive opportunity for toy manufacturers to create unique travel-themed stuffed animals that cater to this growing market.
2. Travel Agencies - The emergence of toy travel agencies opens up a new revenue stream for traditional travel agencies as they can now offer travel services specifically for stuffed animals.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers and advertisers can utilize the trend of stuffed animal vacations to create engaging campaigns that resonate with consumers who have an emotional connection to their childhood toys.