This spring season will be a chance for men to boldly blossom in style with the TopMan Spring 2012 collection. The lookbook makes no qualms about its target demographic with its use of a slender and effeminate male model with large lips and seductive eyes. The clothing follows suit to its owner, daring to blur the lines between male and female fashion more than any other mainstream line has done before (notably American Apparel), displaying a wealth of wild animal patterns, bright colors and tribal prints.
Some of the most notable looks include the high-waist pants with the collared shirt. It's interesting because the trouser look was originally a masculine one hijacked by women and made effeminate with its high-waist cut and blouse. Now TopMan has taken the look back but has kept the feminine addition. While this TopMan Spring 2012 lookbook blatantly appeals to certain parts of the male demographic, it is by no way exclusive to it. This season, men of all walks of life will have the chance to diversify their drab wardrobes and be bold.
The TopMan Spring 2012 Collection Embellishes Flamboyance and Patterns
1. Flamboyant Male Fashion - A trend that embraces boldness, flamboyance, and blurring of traditional gender lines, providing opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
2. Wild Animal Patterns - A trend that incorporates bold animal patterns into fashion, offering opportunities for disruptive innovation in the textile and apparel industry.
3. Diversification of Men's Wardrobes - A trend that encourages men to step outside of traditional fashion norms and embrace more adventurous and diverse clothing options, creating opportunities for disruptive innovation in the retail industry.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of flamboyant male fashion by designing and producing unique and boundary-pushing clothing for men.
2. Textile and Apparel - The textile and apparel industry can explore the trend of incorporating wild animal patterns into garments, creating new and exciting products for consumers.
3. Retail - The retail industry can take advantage of the trend of men diversifying their wardrobes by offering a wide range of bold and unique fashion choices for male customers.