When you spend twenty minutes watching Portlandia and another hour watching an episode of Game of Thrones, your time watching TV shows really starts to add up. This Neilson Top Ten graphic really starts to put things into perspective, showing how long it would take for you to binge-watch some popular shows without any interruptions.
Some of the shows with longer episodes tend to have shorter seasons and surprisingly, series like Sherlock and Game of Thrones really don't add up to more than a little over a day's worth of incessant TV-watching.
Even if you don't consider yourself to be a couch potato, these numbers could bring new meaning to your definition of the term, especially if you like to catch reruns from time to time, or watch a series in full more than once.
Neilson Top Ten Shows What the Time Watching TV Shows Adds Up to
1. TV Binge-watching - Opportunity for streaming platforms to create personalized binge-watch recommendations based on viewer preferences.
2. Time Management - Opportunity for productivity apps to offer features that help users manage their TV-watching time.
3. Interactive TV - Opportunity for TV networks to create interactive shows that allow viewers to choose their own adventure.
1. Streaming Services - Opportunity for streaming platforms to offer new features that enhance the binge-watching experience.
2. Productivity Apps - Opportunity for productivity apps to enter the entertainment market by offering time-management features.
3. TV Networks - Opportunity for TV networks to experiment with interactive shows that engage viewers in new ways.