The new Tiger of Sweden Men's Fall 2018 collection draws inspiration from its historical roots and from the golden age of Swedish films. Christoffer Lundman, the current creative director of the label, aimed to exude an effortless elegance with this new collection for his first project with the company. The entire capsule consists of classic silhouettes and tailored looks. Lundman drew historical inspiration to tell the story of the brand's upbringing and recalled the Stockholm Filmhuset, which is a building by Peter Celsing and Harry Schein. The creative director took the "special energy" from the building when crafting the Tiger of Sweden Men's Fall 2018 line.
The color scheme remains minimal and muted, ranging from black, navy blue, gray and camel. There is a use of high-quality fabrics such as wools and silks bring texture to the series. To bring structure, there are slim-fitting suits with constructed shoulders with pads and sharp-sleeved jackets.
Image Credit: Tiger of Sweden
Tiger of Sweden Men's Fall 2018 Line Recalls Historical Heritage
1. Historical-inspired Menswear - Disruptive innovation opportunities could involve incorporating historical elements and cultural references into contemporary menswear designs, creating a unique and nostalgic aesthetic.
2. Effortless Elegance - There is a market opportunity for creating menswear collections that exude a sense of effortless elegance, combining classic silhouettes with modern details and premium craftsmanship.
3. Minimal and Muted Color Schemes - Developing apparel lines with minimal and muted color palettes like black, navy blue, gray, and camel can offer a sophisticated and timeless appeal to fashion-savvy consumers.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore historical-inspired menswear lines that cater to consumers seeking unique, nostalgic, and well-crafted clothing pieces.
2. Textiles and Fabrics - Manufacturers of high-quality fabrics like wools and silks have an opportunity to collaborate with fashion designers to produce textured materials for menswear collections.
3. Apparel Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the demand for minimal and muted color schemes by curating collections that offer sophisticated and timeless clothing options for men.