The 'Tidal Stool' project has been created as an ecological shoreline seating solution to help support conservation in Hong Kong. The stools are 3D-printed using terracotta and maintain an eye-catching form that draws inspiration from the rocky landscape of the oceanic environment. The stools are meant to be sat on and enjoyed during low tide, but will offer a place for plants and animals to flourish during high tide.
The 'Tidal Stool' project includes a total of 30 stools at present that are each uniquely formed to created more complexity between each unit. The stools within the project have been coordinated by Christian J. Lange and Weijen Wang with the additional members of the team including Yin Fangyi, Chen Zhaowei and Chan Ching Yin.
Image Credit: Christian J. Lange
The 'Tidal Stool' Supports Shoreline Ecology in Hong Kong
1. Ecological Seating Solutions - Creating seating solutions that support ecological conservation.
2. 3d-printed Terracotta Products - Utilizing 3D printing technology to create terracotta products.
3. Multi-functional Furniture - Designing furniture that serves multiple purposes, including supporting plant and animal life.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers can create seating solutions that support ecological conservation.
2. 3D Printing - Companies that specialize in 3D printing can explore creating terracotta products.
3. Ecological Conservation - Businesses focused on ecological conservation can incorporate multi-functional furniture into their efforts.