In this editorial titled 'Through the Looking Glass' for Lula Magazine, artist Jo Ratcliffe enhances the photography with gorgeous, whimsical illustrations.
The 'Through the Looking Glass' editorial itself is about designer sunglasses, but Jo Ratcliffe's illustrations add a special touch to what would otherwise be a pretty standard subject. Check out some other editorials enhanced by illustrations below.
Implications - It would have been easy for the company behind this photo collection to simply highlight the glasses, but by turning the entire ad collection into a colorfully evocative experience they instead succeed at simultaneously amusing and informing their consumers. When ads become more than mere pieces of information, they make a connection with customers that is altogether more profound.
‘Through the Looking Glass' for Lula Magazine
1. Illustrated Photography - Exploring the fusion of illustrations and photography in editorial content creates a visually captivating experience for audiences.
2. Enhanced Advertising - Adding illustrations to advertisements transforms them into engaging and memorable experiences that enhance consumer connection.
3. Whimsical Product Promotion - Using whimsical illustrations in editorials for product promotion adds a unique and enchanting touch to captivate and inform consumers.
1. Fashion - Incorporating illustrations in fashion editorials opens up possibilities to showcase products in a more artistic and captivating way.
2. Publishing - The fusion of illustrations and photography in editorial content offers an innovative approach to storytelling for magazines and publishers.
3. Advertising - The use of illustrations in advertisements presents an opportunity to create more impactful and memorable brand experiences.