Originating in Shanghai, this latest installment in a host of emerging smart thermometer apps recently completed a successful funding campaign on Kickstarter. The innovative system is small and bills itself as the most accurate in the world.
Monitoring a patient's temperature consistently and precisely, the iDo smart thermometer app connects to an individual's smartphone through the application of chip-embedded disposable patches. The patches are applied underneath a patient's armpit. The user then opens the iDo Smart iPhone app and connects with iDo by Bluetooth. The app-powered system will then begin taking the patient's temperature every few seconds.
An interesting component of the iDo system's business model is its open-course software development kit that allows developers to build their own iDo integration into their products.
The iDo Smart Thermometer System Includes an Open SDK
1. Smart Thermometer Apps - Opportunity for developers to create innovative smart thermometer applications and integrated products.
2. Bluetooth Connected Thermometers - Disruptive innovation opportunity to develop thermometers that connect with smartphones via Bluetooth for easy monitoring.
3. Open-source Thermometer SDK - Potential for innovative solutions with the use of an open-source software development kit for thermometer integration.
1. Healthcare - Healthcare industry can leverage smart thermometer apps and connected devices to enhance patient monitoring and care.
2. Mobile Technology - Development of Bluetooth connected thermometers creates new opportunities and disruptive innovation in the mobile technology industry.
3. Software Development - Open-source thermometer SDK allows developers to explore new possibilities and create innovative software solutions.