Tico Torres, Bon Jovi’s drummer, is responsible for the creation of the "Rock Star Baby Collection." He recognized that all hip parents were missing really rocking collections of baby clothing and accessories.
He ditched the pastel tones of traditional baby clothes, and instead used the real colors of Rock, black and white, and embellished with tattoo prints, skulls and stars. Torres designed strollers, carpets, furniture, towels, clothing, a line of natural cosmetics, baby bottles, pacifiers and more, all for the Rock Star Baby label.
Now long after the line's debut, Torres became the proud father of little Hector, which inspired his statement that, "Every baby is considered a Star."
Tico Torres Designs for Tots
1. Alternative Baby Fashion - The rise of alternative baby fashion gives way to opportunities for designers to create rock-inspired, tattoo-decorated and bold-colored baby clothing and accessories.
2. Personalized Baby Products - The trend of personalized baby products is on the rise, allowing consumers to personalize baby gear to their tastes and preferences, with the help of technology.
3. Celebrity-designed Baby Gear - The trend of celebrity-designed baby gear creates opportunities for celebrities to expand their brand reach, as well as for new emerging designers to break into the high-profile world of baby fashion and accessories.
1. Baby Fashion - The baby fashion industry has an opportunity to create more edgy and bold baby clothing and accessories, inspired by tattoos, rocker vibe, and outside the pastel tones of traditional baby clothes.
2. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the popularity of alternative baby fashion by offering collections of personalized and edgy baby products online and in-store.
3. Celebrity Branding - Celebrities can expand their brand reach by tapping into the baby industry and connecting with parents who share their aesthetic and values through the design of baby gear.