Harper's Bazaar China's The Gentle Woman editorial is currently being distributed as as part of the magazine's April 2013 issue. Stylist Lucia Liu infused the set with a series of layered ensembles, offering much for readers to take away from the production.
Liu dressed model Lina Zhang for The Gentle Woman. Zhang remained mostly minimalist, an offshoot of the black and white color scheme that was executed on behalf of photographer Yin Chao. Chao at the same time opted for more dainty motifs with the use of flowers, held here between the hands of Zhang.
Remaining consistent throughout each photo was a draping concept. Sheets of apparel hung loosely, seen in trails of fabric that hung behind Zhang, excellent for the season that the outfits are intended for.
The Harper's Bazaar China The Gentle Woman Photoshoot is Draped
1. Layered Apparel - Opportunity for fashion brands to explore the use of drape and layered concepts in their clothing designs.
2. Minimalist Fashion - Potential for minimalist fashion brands to create clothing lines that focus on black and white color schemes.
3. Floral Accessories - Potential for accessory brands to create more delicate and dainty floral-themed accessories to complement minimalist fashion trends.
1. Fashion Industry - Explore the potential for the fashion industry to utilize drape and layered concepts in clothing designs.
2. Photography Industry - Opportunity for photographers to incorporate draping elements and minimalist themes into their photoshoots.
3. Accessory Industry - Opportunity for accessory brands to develop more delicate and dainty floral-themed accessories that complement minimalist fashion trends.