The Cords & Co is a brand that recently launched, with six stores that are set to open around the world. True to its name, the main material that is celebrated by the brand is corduroy, which it describes as "a versatile, durable and unique textile everyone has a relationship with."
Although consumers are quite used to seeing jackets and pants made of the 70s-inspired material, The Cords & Co is setting itself apart with a collection of corduroy sweatshirts for men. These styles include crewneck and hoodie-like designs that are offered in a range of colors and one animal pattern. Alongside its assortment of corduroy sweatshirts for men, The Cords & Co also sells pants, jackets, shirts and dresses that celebrate the material.
Corduroy was a staple in the Fall 2017 fashion collections that were debuted by brands like Prada, Gucci and Marc Jacobs.
The Cords & Co Aims to Reinvent a Nostalgic 70s Textile
1. Corduroy Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique and fashionable corduroy garments that appeal to modern consumers.
2. Nostalgic Textiles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate nostalgic fabrics into contemporary designs to create a sense of familiarity and novelty.
3. Material-driven Branding - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a brand identity around a specific material, promoting its versatility and unique qualities.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate corduroy into various clothing lines and accessories to provide consumers with a fresh and trendy fashion choice.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced techniques and technologies to enhance the production and quality of corduroy fabric.
3. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establish specialty stores that exclusively sell garments and products made from specific materials, creating a unique and curated shopping experience.