Star Wars was originally inspired by old adventure serials, so for Terry Fan to crop the heads off characters like Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Yoda and C-3PO and put them onto well-dressed bodies of vintage photos seems rather fitting. Each historical science fiction picture has that aged look with its off-white coloring, though the anachronistic inclusion of space age helmets, lightsabers and weird aliens gives away the illusion.
Terry Fan also hilariously christens each character with a new name. General Fett, Baron Von C-3PO, Sir Yoda and Victorian Vader look as though they may be precursors to George Lucas' creations.
Fans of Terry Fan's work already know how many times he's rendered Star Wars-related imagery, but this new series is one of the first times he's made something Star Wars-themed using actual photos.
Terry Fan Crops Stars Wars Characters' Heads Onto Dapper Bodies
1. Aged Sci-fi Mashups - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating a new genre of art by combining vintage photos with sci-fi elements.
2. Historical Fiction Revival - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reimagining classic characters and stories in new and unexpected settings.
3. Creative Character Transformation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using digital manipulation to give familiar characters unique identities.
1. Art and Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new artistic techniques using digital manipulation and mixed media.
2. Entertainment and Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing innovative storytelling formats that merge different genres and time periods.
3. Creative Design and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating unexpected and visually captivating elements into brand messaging and advertising campaigns.