At this year's SXSW Interactive Festival, NASA will be giving everyone the chance to feel a little bit closer to far-off outer space. Calling to all engineers, technicians researchers and others who have a love of space, the Experience NASA event will include info on how citizens can collaborate with NASA on science projects, get involved in challenges, speak with astronauts like Reid Wiseman (who just returned from a six-month flight on the ISS) and find out more about how this space center is improving air travel.
One of the most exciting parts of the event is a display that shows off NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope at the SXSW Gaming Expo. This station has touchscreens, visualizations and video demonstrating how NASA continues to innovate in the realm of space travel.
NASA at SXSW Gives a Hands-On Look at Technology and Exploration
1. Interactive Space Events - Creating interactive space-related events can help increase public engagement and interest in the industry.
2. Collaboration with Citizens - Encouraging citizens to collaborate with NASA via science projects and challenges can lead to new and innovative ideas in space exploration.
3. Innovation in Space Travel - Continued innovation in space travel, such as the James Webb Space Telescope, can lead to new discoveries and advancements in the industry.
1. Space Technology - Interactive events that showcase space technology and innovation can help to increase public awareness and interest in the industry.
2. Aerospace - Creating collaborations between citizens and NASA can lead to new advancements in the aerospace industry.
3. Science Education - Innovative and interactive events like the Experience NASA event at SXSW can help to improve science education and interest in STEM fields.