Hard drives are distinctly moving towards being solid state, but until costs can be dropped enough to make them more viable we're seeing options like the HGST Ultrastar He12 12TB Hard Drive being brought to the market.
The new hard drive features a helium base that enables the internal components within the drive to operate with improved stability and speeds. This is thanks to the fact that helium has a far lower density than traditional oxygen, which enables the drive to have less drag and in turn reduces overall power consumption.
The HGST Ultrastar He12 12TB Hard Drive features the ability to transfer data at immense speeds (up to 12GB/s SAS), while also being rated for up to 2.5 million hours of operating time to ensure reduced failure rates.
The HGST Ultrastar He12 12TB Hard Drive Has Improved Stability and Speeds
1. Moving Towards Solid State - The trend of hard drives transitioning to solid state technology presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in data storage and transfer.
2. Improved Stability and Speeds - The trend of using helium-based hard drives offers disruptive innovation opportunities in enhancing the stability, speeds, and overall performance of storage devices.
3. Reduced Power Consumption - The trend of helium-based hard drives reducing power consumption creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in more energy-efficient storage solutions.
1. Data Storage - The data storage industry can explore disruptive innovation by incorporating solid state technology, helium-based drives, and improved stability and speed features into their products.
2. Technology Hardware - The technology hardware industry can seize disruptive innovation opportunities by developing and manufacturing helium-based hard drives with enhanced stability, speed, and power efficiency.
3. Cloud Computing - The cloud computing industry can harness disruptive innovation by adopting helium-based hard drives with improved stability, speed, and reduced power consumption, ensuring efficient and reliable data storage.