This Take Part 'Food Industry' infographic explores the dumbfounding ways of America's current agricultural landscape.
Showcasing the industry's over-dependence on corn and the inefficiencies associated with this tendency, this is an evocative chart that highlights where food has gone wrong. Bringing up the changing costs of particular food products in comparison to others (fruit and soda, for example), this is an effective call to action with a strong message. Issues behind the well-veiled food industry are notoriously complex, but this chart breaks down the basics so that readers can quickly understand the pressing issues of this economic sphere.
Though not particularly detailed, this quick and dirty overview highlights hot topics with shocking statistics in understandable terms.
The Take Part 'Food Industry' Infographic is Frightening
1. Agricultural Inefficiencies - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in sustainable, alternative farming methods that reduce over-dependence on corn.
2. Shifting Consumer Preferences - Opportunity for innovation in food production to cater to changing consumer tastes and address concerns around health and sustainability.
3. Transparent Food Industry - Opportunity for innovation in technology solutions that provide transparency and traceability in the food supply chain.
1. Agriculture - Innovations in sustainable, alternative farming methods that reduce over-dependence on corn have the potential to disrupt the agricultural industry.
2. Food Production - Innovations in food production that cater to changing consumer preferences and address concerns around health and sustainability have the potential to disrupt the food industry.
3. Technology - Innovations in technology solutions that provide transparency and traceability in the food supply chain have the potential to disrupt the food industry.