Canada Goose works in collaboration with Totokalo to introduce the Tactical collection for the Fall/Winter 2018 season. The capsule was originally designed for the Canadian law enforcement and is comprised of premium outerwear selections. The exclusive pieces are now available to the public market through Totokaelo and this partnership is described as a blend between "function and fashion." To celebrate the new public launch, New York-based artist Johannes VanDerBeek created a sculpture that interprets the capsule in an art form.
The artistic piece is entitled 'Under the Moon Leaf' and it takes on an approach that also represents something that fuses "mankind and nature at its most extreme." The entire Tactical collection is now available for purchase online at Totokaelo.
Canada Goose and Totokaelo Introduce the Tactical Collection
1. Capsule Collaborations - Collaborations between brands to create exclusive limited-edition collections, such as the partnership between Canada Goose and Totokaelo for the Tactical collection, present opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
2. Premium Outerwear - The rise in demand for high-quality, durable outerwear like the Tactical collection from Canada Goose and Totokaelo indicates a market opportunity for disruptive innovations in the outerwear industry, such as sustainable and technologically advanced materials.
3. Art as Marketing - Using art installations, like Johannes VanDerBeek's 'Under the Moon Leaf' sculpture, to promote a collection can create disruptive innovation opportunities in the intersection of art and marketing, allowing brands to engage customers in a unique and memorable way.
1. Fashion Retail - The partnership between Canada Goose and Totokaelo for the Tactical collection presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion retail industry, such as online exclusive collaborations or interactive in-store experiences.
2. Law Enforcement Equipment - The adaptation of the Tactical collection from Canada Goose, originally designed for Canadian law enforcement, can potentially lead to disruptive innovation opportunities in the law enforcement equipment industry, such as the development of high-performance, functional and stylish gear.
3. Art and Design - Artistic collaborations and the use of art as a marketing tool, as seen in the partnership between Canada Goose, Totokaelo, and artist Johannes VanDerBeek, suggest disruptive innovation opportunities within the art and design industry, such as the integration of art installations in retail spaces.