Personal style is often reflective of the wearer's mood, a concept which the 'Synapse' dress takes to entirely new levels.
Created by Dutch designer Anouk Wipprecht, this dress monitors the wearer's heartbeat, and lights up in sync with it. Every time the wearer's heart beats, the dress lights up, meaning the dress will display if a wearer if a wearer is resting, nervous, or startled, based on the rapidness of the flickering. The garment, which was created with the intention of reflecting the wearer's emotions, could immediately indicate if an individual is enjoying a conversation, or if an individual is attracted to another person.
This dress indicates the positive relationship between technology and fashion, in addition to the creative possibilities technology offers designers.
The 'Synapse' Dress Flickers as the Wearer's Heart Beats
1. Heart-monitoring Clothing - The integration of clothing with heart-monitoring technology opens up opportunities for personalized and interactive fashion experiences.
2. Emotion-responsive Fashion - Fashion garments that visually reflect the wearer's emotions have the potential to enhance self-expression and communication.
3. Technology-driven Personalization - The use of technology to personalize clothing based on physiological data allows for unique and dynamic fashion experiences.
1. Fashion & Wearable Tech - The fashion and wearable tech industries can collaborate to create innovative clothing that combines style and functionality.
2. Health & Wellness - The integration of heart-monitoring technology in clothing presents opportunities for the health and wellness industry to develop new products and services.
3. Design & Creative Industries - The creative potential of incorporating technology into fashion opens up new avenues for designers and creative professionals.