At 74 grams, teh new Samsung x830 is already a light and sexy phone. Now, Samsung has announced that the x830 will be available in a number of different colors. The swivel phone has 82 mb of onboard memory, Bluetooth, an MP3 player, and a 128 x 220 TFT LCD screen. It measures just 85 x 29 x 20 mm.
Implications - Phones are a major part of many people's lives and companies are always trying to come out with something new and amazing. Since people like to carry their phones with them, many are being styled in small and compact forms so that they can easily be stored inside a pocket.
Samsung X830 in Orange
1. Compact Phones - Developing small and compact phones that can easily be stored inside a pocket presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for phone manufacturers.
2. Colorful Phones - Introducing phones in a variety of different colors provides a disruptive innovation opportunity to attract customers looking for personalized and aesthetically pleasing devices.
3. Enhanced Features - Continuously adding new features such as onboard memory, Bluetooth, MP3 player, and high-quality screens creates a disruptive innovation opportunity to enhance the user experience and differentiate from competitors.
1. Mobile Phone Manufacturing - The mobile phone manufacturing industry can explore the disruptive innovation opportunities in developing compact phones, introducing colorful variations, and enhancing features.
2. Consumer Electronics Retail - Consumer electronics retail industry can capitalize on the disruptive innovation opportunities presented by the trend of compact and colorful phones, as well as phones with enhanced features.
3. Mobile Accessories - The mobile accessories industry can tap into the disruptive innovation opportunities by creating accessories specifically designed for compact phones, colorful phones, and phones with enhanced features.